Hellooo! / ipadio

Broadcast live to the web from a phone call

iPhone App Android App Sign Me Up

Transantarctic Expedition - talking about strange feeling, continent, radius

RSS feed
Image

Well I've just had that I might be flying out of ___ tonight. I have ___ in the 26th. There's a, there's a flight today so yeah ___ head and but have a bit of a shop everything seems to comes ___ too quickly and now I'm leaving ___ the final ___ the continent ___ radius over and I can't help feeling a little sort of ___ can bet actually. And I feel like I wanted back outside and take me ___ or I don't know mark my last day in some way. Anyway this is some sort of clinging on to, to you and ask them to become ___ safety blanket ___ but yeah really strange feeling.

0:00/1:34
embed RSS feed Follow

To view a fullsize photograph click the thumbnail below.

Image (40575) image uploaded on 31-10-11
Many congratulations. A brilliant adventure. We recieved a donation of £1000 from Joann McPike today which means that you have raised a fantastic £2201 for our funds. Thankyou. Looking forward to seeing you in the UK.

Posted by: Rod Rhys Jones od Antarctic Heritage Trust 2 years ago
I got ahead of myself. Too much excitement. Funds and donation from Joann McPike are for British Antarctic Monument Trust www.antarctic-monument.org

Posted by: Roderick Rhys Jones of British Antarctic Monument Trust 2 years ago
Always a star. I note Sarah Outen's comment - prepare for the re-entry syndrome. Did you see the CNN news items with Felicity next to Mr Obama? A shock in store I believe.
Hay-on-Wye, Eardisley and Hereford will have lucky audiences 1-3/3/12. Email for details.

Posted by: dbennett195@btinternet.com 2 years ago
Have a safe flight into what we call civilization. I have a feeling you'll be feted wherever you go, and it's so very well deserved, but I'm sure it'll be a shock to your system. Please keep us up to date a little bit, so we don't have Felicity withdrawal. Good luck!

Posted by: charlotte wheater 2 years ago
Have a wonderful and safe flight back to the UK. I know it must be a weird feeling to be happy to be finished along with the desire to want to get back out there and continue the adventure. It is very bittersweet, because you have kind of been in your own world, making all your decisions and being independent, sort of, with exception of reporting back to your sponsors which is required. All journeys do have to end eventually, but you would always have it in your memory along with pictures, etc. I have no doubt that one day you will get back out to Antartica again on yet another adventure. In the meantime, bask in your success and enjoy all the attention which is well deserved. Thanks for sharing this amazing story. Bonnie Krim

Posted by: Bonnie Krim 2 years ago
Funny thing, now you face another storm front when you are least in the mood to deal with it. This calls for a PLAN B but the same principle applies (e.g., keep putting one ski out in front of the other until you get through it). Heroic? Not so much, but there are lessons to be learned in this phase of the remarkable journey, the recovery. TAKE CARE Of YOURSELF...

Posted by: Margaret Donohue 2 years ago
it's been such an amazing adventure. And it's been a very exiting journey for me as a folllower ;-) Thank you so much for sharing! I wish you all the best. Good luck and have fun readjusting to civllisation. Stay cool when things get too hot. Linda Smallegange/ Holland

Posted by: linda 2 years ago
Antarctica is forever part of you now. You may well return to the physical place, but you WILL forever carry the essence of your time there and of the place. You have been indelibly marked by this time and place.

Posted by: Margaret Donohue 2 years ago
Kudos....!

Posted by: Peter 2 years ago
In the preface to the 50th anniversary of his book Sir Ed wrote "The explorers of the past were great men and we should honour them. But let us not forget that their spirit still lives on." Their spirit certainly lives within you. Many thanks for sharing your adventure.

Posted by: Dwight Barnette 2 years ago
Hi Felicity , It has been a privilege, to follow your days on the ice and listening in on your thoughts .. what an adventure , truely an adventure of a lifetime ... how many could say that they pushed themselves to this sort of endeavor of endurance and commitment, in their lifetimes. Most of all, loved the frank and disarming talks you left here, for us all to enjoy, and empathize with you while the journey progressed. The always positive attitude that your 'telling' and thoughts have conveyed were wonderful. Congrats on the finish. kia kaha , you ran the race, and finished :-) well done.

Posted by: Steve Ramshaw 2 years ago